Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Follow The Leader
Recently I've been thinking about the whole concept of "Follow the Leader" and what it has to do with being successful in business. If you think about it, the concept is first taught by parents and later, in grade school. Generally, one kid is distinguished from among the others as the leader. He or she will often be assigned to give instructions or direction to the rest of the class when the teacher is out of the room, and the class is expected to follow. You even see it in nature. Sheep always follow a leader, sometimes even to their detriment. When birds fly in formation, there is always a lone leader ahead of the flock, that all the other birds follow in near perfect form. Following the leader just makes sense.
Honestly, when I joined YTB, although subconsciously I know this, I had no thoughts about where the company fit among online travel MLM companies. Now, two years later, I'm happy that somehow, instinctively, without even being aware of it... I did join in fact... join the leader and now that I'm an insider, I am striving to emulate great leadership.
One of the greatest aspects of the YTB business and comp plan is that this "follow the leader" principle is built into the business plan to help ensure everyone's success. This is how it works: The PowerTeam is the highest paid position in YTB. In other words, it's where the money is. Every person who joins YTB is joining someone's PowerTeam. Now the PowerTeam leader is responsible to help each of his or her PowerTeam members, to also get into their PowerTeams. In other words, the leader lays out a plan for the members to follow, and if they do, they will be successful and get into their own PowerTeam where they too will begin to lead other followers.
Now, one great thing about this system is that when you join YTB, you have a motivated, built in coach who is ready and willing to lead you to success. Why? Because you are in their PowerTeam and this is where they earn the most. The more successful you are, the more money they make. So there is never a need for a person in his or her PowerTeam to ever need to buy leads. That motivated person who just joined their PowerTeam is the hottest lead they will ever find, and they -- too -- are eager to get into their PowerTeam.
Another great program that YTB offers aligned with the Follow The Leader principle is Coach's Corner. Coach's Corner is the next level after the PowerTeam where a person who has 30 active RTAs in his PowerTeam is personally coached to millionaire status by the founder and company leader, Coach J.Lloyd Tomer. Coach personally mentors the people in Coach's Corner, and that alone is an honor but the perks and benefits that Coach's Corner members receive are also wonderful.
A while ago I read an article about the difference between winners and losers I found at crisel.multiply.com, and its a concept has always been intriguing to me. I believe that there is a real connection between people who are known to be "winners", and "leaders". So, in my version (below) I replaced the words winners with "leaders" Read what the author has to say:
1) Leaders are always part of the answer, the loser is always part of the problem.
2) Leaders always have a program, the loser always has an excuse.
3) The leader says, " Let me do it for you", the loser says, "That is not my job".
4) The leader sees an answer for every problem, the loser sees a problem for every answer.
5) The leader says" It may be difficult but it is possible", the loser says" It may possible but it is difficult.
6) When a leader makes a mistakes he says," I was wrong"; when a loser makes a mistakes, he says, it wasnt my fault.
7) A leader makes commitments, a loser makes promises.
8) Leaders have dreams, Losers have schemes.
9) Leaders say, I must do something", Losers says something must be done.
10) Leaders are part of the team, Losers are apart from the team.
11) Leaders see the gain, Losers see the pain.
12) Leaders see the possibilities, Losers see the problem.
13) Leaders believe in a win-win, Losers believe for them to win someone has to lose.
14) Leaders see the potential, Losers see the past.
15) Leaders are like thermostats, losers are like thermometers.
16) Leaders choose what they say: Losers say what they choose.
17) Leaders use hard arguments but soft words; Losers use soft arguments but hard words.
18) Leaders stand firm on values but compromise on petty things: Losers stand firm on petty things but compromise on values.
19) Leaders follow the philosophy of empathy: " Don't do to others what you would not want them to do to you. Losers follow the philosophy: " Do it to others before they do it to you".
20) Leaders make it happen. Losers let it happen.
I think this sums up perfectly why, if we truly want to achieve success in business or in our home based businesses, we must follow the leader. If you want to succeed in your own home based business and don't know where to start, feel free to send me an email: email@example.com
Regina Osei is a successful mentor and coach who teaches her YTB Team members and other business owners how to succeed in business and how to market their businesses using diverse strategies and approaches both online and offline. If you are interested in starting your own online travel business and want the benefit of a mentor who is committed to your success, join our team today at http://regina.vacationmedia.net. If you have questions, e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 901-221-1630(1)