------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Online Travel Business Blog: THANK YOU HERO: DOUG BAUKNIGHT

Saturday, April 26, 2008

THANK YOU HERO: DOUG BAUKNIGHT


Everyone at some time or another, needs a HERO. A HERO as I define it, is someone who, regardless of the risks, irrespective of the personal danger or attacks, and without taking into consideration how they could be negatively impacted, will selflessley put him or herself on the line, in potential harm's way for the sake of rescuing, aiding or saving another person. With this in mind, I want to take this opportunity to personally thank and applaud MY HERO, and someone that I consider to be a hero to all YTB RTA's: Mr. Doug Bauknight.

Doug Bauknight is a YTB Travel professional who I have never had the pleasure of meeting personally, but I was introduced to via his newsletter Just Picture It Now by a mutual friend. After a first read of Doug's newsletter, I found it to be so informative and enlightening that I immediately became a subscriber and to suggested to my team that they subscribe as well. Until very recently, that was pretty much the extent of my relationship with Doug. That is, until a few days ago.

A few days ago, I learned from one of my RTAs that YTB had "acquired" American Destinations. He had heard it on a Director's Call. I later learned that the announcement had been made at the recent Richmond Travel Training and that it was also archived on last Monday night's "Getting Started in YTB" conference call. This was beyond exciting news, and the potential for growth, for increasing our offerings to our clients and to build our businesses, was all a part of the excitment. So when I learned this new info, I did not waste time to post it on my blog. This was when the backlash against me began.

After I posted the information about the acquisition (I called it a merger at the time) I started receiving very nasty, negative comments from someone named "John". John, I later learned, was John Freneye, the MSNBC columnist and traditional travel agent who makes it his life's work to personally bring down YTB Travel and anyone associated with the company. In effect, John said in his MLMs and Travel: A Bad Mix blog that I was lying. For a moment, I was taken aback by him because 1. I didn't know him and he didn't know me, so I didn't understand why I was being attacked by him because of my post and 2. I was only posting what I had heard from what I believed to be reliable sources. Still, since I had been challenged and because I didn't want to be posting anything untrue, I wanted to check further, so I put my post in "editing" mode. What did I do that for? Apparently, John had put together his malicious "Wife, Mother, Minister... Liar" blog post, written solely to vilify me by then. When he learned that my original post was no longer visible, that was all he needed to know. He was delighted to then send me a note telling me that I was not only a liar but also a coward who lacked integrity.

By this time, Doug had become aware of John's post. He immediately sent me an apologetic note. I had not seen it and didn't know about it at that time. When I did see it, I was floored. Not only were the words offensive, questioning and maligning me as a person and as a minister of the Gospel, but the visual that he chose, a young child "flipping the bird" is simply inexcusable. Doug was outraged, as was I and many others. He lost no time posting a rebuttal to what John had written, on his Just Picture It Now blog.

The purpose of this post is to honor and simply say, "Thank You" to Doug. Doug is not only an advocate for me, but also for the rights of RTAs everywhere to be able to freely promote, advertise and build our businesses on our websites, blogs, newsletters, etc. without fearing the retribution and outlandish slap downs as those that have been perpetrated upon me by John Freneye. Doug has requested that everyone who does not support John's tactics to simply post your own comments on his Just Picture It Now blog or write about it in your own blog and cite his link or both. Clearly, John Freyene is a hater of everything YTB. He has gone to great lengths to damage the reputation of the YTB and its agents wherever he finds them, as is clearly expressed in his blog. Doug's response to John's post is one way of combatting John's efforts to debilitate and degrade.

What Doug has done tells more about him and his character than I can ever articulate. He is a man of high integrity, courage and faith. I believe that we all owe Doug Bauknight a debt of gratitude and thanksgiving for the stance that he has taken on this issue. THANK YOU DOUG... for standing up for me, but not only me, for all YTB RTAs and the rights of MLMers everywhere to work our businesses in peace and freedom. Thank you, Doug, for being our HERO!

**********************************************************

Regina Osei is a successful mentor and coach who teaches her YTB Team members and other business owners how to succeed in business and how to market their businesses using diverse strategies and approaches both online and offline. If you are interested in starting your own online travel business and want the benefit of a mentor who is committed to your success, join our team today at http://regina.vacationmedia.net. If you have questions, e-mail me at: reginaosei@gmail.com or call 901-221-1630(1)

6 comments:

TravelPro said...

I don't know about hero, but you are VERY welcome.

I enjoy your blog, and coming from such a long line of Ministers in my family I too know the difference between right and wrong.

If you listen to the call with Jeanie and Curtis, I don't know how many times the word "integrity" was used, but I firmly believe that not only the Leadership but the vast majority of our Company not only knows the meaning, but lives with this word on a daily basis.

We are a TEAM, and we should band together. Upline, Downline and Crossline.

Warmest Regards,

Doug

Unknown said...

Regina, Doug is such a blessing to YTB and to me personally. I can't wait to meet him in person at the convention. I am so sorry this JOhn Frenaye maligned you in this way, however what I believe he wanted to do backfired greatly. He is exposing himself as the vile person he really is. I wonder if MSNBC is willing to "disavow" him since that seems to be the word of the day these days.
I also wrote a short blog about this situation as well. I have no shame in doing so. We are all trying to improve ourselves economically. I wonder what the REAL reason of John's hatred for all things YTB and other Travel MLMs are? Makes you wanna say Hmmmmm.....

http://gailtravel.blogspot.com/

The Business & Travel Blog said...

Doug,

I agree with you 100%. I just trust God for this whole thing entirely. I am a person of faith and conviction. Not perfect as none of us are. That is why I don't understand our critics. They are ready to crucify anyone who doesn't meet up to their standards of perfection. Aren't you GLAD that God is the only true judge! I also agree with supporting one another, and that is one of the best things about YTB. I have found that everyone I have encountered in YTB -- it doesn't matter where or how I met them, they have ALWAYS been supportive. Thank you so much for your support. I will always appreciate you.

The Business & Travel Blog said...

Gail,

You are SO RIGHT. Doug is a blessing. I can't wait to meet you both at Convention! And when we meet... you're gonna see Stella! LOL!!!

John said...

When he learned that my original post was no longer visible, that was all he needed to know. He was delighted to then send me a note telling me that I was not only a liar but also a coward who lacked integrity.

Do you care to provide proof of this? I put one comment on your blog alerting you that I was calling you out on the misinformation. Period! This statement seems to exaggerate--just a bit.

The Business & Travel Blog said...

John,

As I told you when I emailed to you at your tripso account the original comment you sent telling me to "add coward" to my "list of titles" (and where you also called my integrity into question), I am neither lying nor exaggerating. If you are in truth as honest as you pretend to be, you would admit it.

Perhaps your obsession with YTB leads you to go around and post so many nasty comments on so many different YTB moderated blogs that you don't recall, but the truth of the matter is that you sent me (not one as you claim) but TWO comments with this current one being the third. The other two were so nasty that I refused to allow them to be posted.